I am a sucker for organizing and products make it that much easier for you. A bonus would be a product that looks good and makes your stuff look good too. That is why I love these One truffle pouches. Designed with your items in mind. These lovelies are popping up all over instagram with people showing off their Truffle stuffed with their goodies….usually well thought out items that when paired together with other cutesie items in your truffle, make for a cute little showcase…and instagram photo =)
On a practical side, these pouches are great with their durable construction and clear pouch, you can see what you need to get without shuffling through the deep abyss of your bag. With sleek dimensions and great sizes that are meant to fit tablets, documents, shampoo bottles, you can see why these pouches are so versatile and wont take up a lot of space in your bag. On their website right now, they are doing 25% off three pouches….you know whos headed over there right now to grab some?…THIS gal!
I plan to use them as a great go to pouch to throw in my bag with some baby essentials making it easy for me to switch between bags. How would you use it?
BTW these make awesome Christmas presents or stocking stuffers for the organizer, traveler, or big bag hoarder in your life…just saying!
- One truffle website: here
- And follow them on Instagram to see the styled photos im talking about!
Have you thought about your beauty regimen for your big day? You may know who will be doing your hair and makeup, but did you really think about what you want to do with your hair? What look you are going for with your makeup?
Looking into ideas and inspirations for these two things can help your hair and makeup artist tremendously in trying to create the best look for you. Give it some thought pull some pictures, and share them with your artists.
For Hairstyles, try to pull pictures of both front style and back style hair do’s. Sometimes, the pictures you find for inspiration only show one side. And try different things. You may think you want a pulled back look with pinned curls, but you and your dress might look better with a softer look or hair half down! If you can do a trial run, even better.
Here are some of my favorite Hair styles, inspired by celebrities via people.com and some photos from knot.com hairstyles.
If makeup is not your specialty (ex: myself), def seek an opinion of an expert…even if you are not hiring a makeup artist. A lot of you may be really good at applying makeup to yourself for work or going out, but for a wedding, it is a whole other ball game. You need stuff that will last, the whole day, something that will withstand tears, heat, cold, sweat, and lots of photo taking. Unless you apply the right amount and right colors, your makeup can get washed out in photos, so if you decide to do makeup yourself, at least consult someone at a makeup counter, or a professional makeup artist. Talk to them about what look you are going for, natural and glowy, sultry, dramatic, cool and crisp? tell them what you are comfortable with and what you would like to try differently.
But not all aspects of wedding Beauty fall into the hands of the stylists. You need to do your part too in order to make sure you are feeling rested and fresh! Here is a list of beauty preparation instructions from Judith Koppelman, makeup artist to the stars. Found the article on Project wedding and it also list some beauty item must haves.
2. Don’t try anything new on your skin 7-10 days before your wedding. You don’t know how your skin will react.
3. Well-shaped brows can open up your whole face, get them done ten days before the wedding, then two days before get them touched up or pluck the few strays yourself.
4. One reason to hire a makeup artist and a hair stylist: they will come armed with all the necessary tools to make you look your best. Being pampered by pros also allows you to relax on your most important day.
5. Have a trial run with your makeup artist if you are using one, as well as your hairdresser. Feel free to express yourself when something does not feel right for you, this is what the trial is for.
6. One week before and the day of — limit your salt and alcohol intake, which can lead to puffiness. Drink plenty of water, which will flush out toxins and can help prevent dehydration headaches.
7. Freeze moistened green or white tea bags to put over your eyes. The ingredients in them help reduce puffiness.
8. While getting your hair or makeup done, taking the time to put your feet up, relax a little and drink your water.
Finally, it never hurts to just lie down and take a rest — your eyes will reflect your refreshed energy and spirit. The better care you take of them, the brighter they’ll sparkle!